Thursday, March 19, 2009

Children's Literature Conference for Writers and Illustrators

This was my first time going to the annual conference for children's literature at Utah Valley University.  Needless to say, I loved it.  It was very inspiring meeting people who were successfully putting out book after book and were doing a phenomenal job at it!  Probably the most intriguing person I met there was Nathan Hale.  The reason being that in order to be doing what he was doing (illustrating graphic novels)  it would have taken such extreme dedication and staying power.  I was also very impressed with how young many of the presenters were.  They were doing their first books years ago when they were a lot younger than I am now.  Overall I walked away from the conference feeling encouraged and inspired.   I'll definitely be there next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment