Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sundance



This is the last painting I finished in 2010. At least I think it's finished. I'm going to put it away for a few months and pull it out again and then see how I like it. I started it last winter up the Provo Canyon heading up to Sundance. My friend and teacher at the time, Jamin Lefave, who happens to be an incredible artist, were going out and doing plein aire painting most weeks. I was standing in snow and kept sinking. It was cold. I worked on it for a few hours on site and then finished it slowly over the year. When I first brought home my rough plein aire start my wife looked at it...turned it upside down and asked, "Which way does it go? Needless to say she wasn't extremely impressed with it at first. She likes it a lot more now. :) She might get mad at me if she knew I was writing things about her, but she doesn't read my blog...so I'm in the safe zone! hehe.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that this turned out a lot better than mine. LOL. Good times!

    ReplyDelete