Monday, June 11, 2012

BFA Series - Time Square

This was actually the first in the city scape series that I completed. It's probably still my favorite painting I've done in the set. I like some of the others as well but I tend to be very critical of myself. One the best things about this painting in person is also one of the worse things in a photo. I put a clear coat over it that makes the paint look like it's still wet and really makes it vibrant. However, it makes it murder to photograph. So learn from me. If you're going to put a clear coat on your painting and you're not a great photographer, take the picture BEFORE you put the cover it! :) The show is going to be in July. It'll go up on the 2nd and come down on the 31st. It's going to be on the 3rd floor of the UVU Library. As soon as I nail down the specific date of the opening reception I'll post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment