Friday, June 8, 2012

Christmas in June





This is the finished Santa house! I chose the glazes to be a subtle Christmas color scheme. I wanted red and green, but I didn't want it blatantly obvious. It definitely took some imagination though. Before it was fired it looked more like Santa got lost and emerged sometime around Easter based on the colors. All and all it was one of the most enjoyable projects I've ever done. It took way too long to ever make it profitable if I was to try and sell this bad boy, but it was totally worth it. I eventually want to build a whole Christmas village. P.S. If you look at the picture showing the back of the house there is a little vent type thing at the base. That is actually the part you blow into because the house is also a whistle. The best part is it actually works!

No comments:

Post a Comment