Thursday, June 14, 2012

Kids Room Mural



This was one of the most exciting and fun projects I've worked on. I was asked to design and paint a mural on my old bosses kids' play room. He wanted a tree house on a blank wall. By the door he had built a rounded rock wall that he wanted me to paint as a tree. On the other side of the room in the corner he had built a small stage for his kids to do little plays on. He wanted the HollyWood skyline behind that. I went to work designing and planning the room. I got to get in touch with my inner-kid again. These are some of the sketches I did for the treehouse and HollyWood scene. The final room was awesome! He even installed a slide that he was going to hide behind a secret door, so when you pull a lever the door opens and you have a tube slide going down to the basement! What kid wouldn't geek out over that! I'll post the final result tomorrow. Toodles! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jackson,
    I was wondering if you would be willing to let us use your tree house sketch in our project, or if you would like to sell it in digital form to us. It fits within our project's style. Also we would like to add two character illustrations (if you'd like to help us illustrate them). I can show you exactly what we need if you are interested.
    Please let me know what you think. The sooner the better :)
    Thank you and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, forgot to add my contact information. Please contact me on
      j.trgina@gmail.com or jan@europe.graphics

      Delete