Sunday, August 2, 2009
In January I took a class called "Illustrative Media and Techniques" from Perry Stewart. It was an awesome class. Our whole semester was designed around experimenting with acrylic paint and trying everything it can do. The subject we were to use were heads. Four a week to be exactly. So from Jan to Apr I painted nothing but portraits. I think it added up to sixty in the end. I took a breath of fresh air when it was all done. Then I enrolled in my summer painting class which was called "Special Topics", also from Perry. This class was in oils. For the homework in this class we painted......four heads. Every week. The summer semester was shorter so I probably only did between 25 and 30 of them. Needless to say, I got a lot of practice doing it!